Back to basics
Posted on by Carolina Capellari Simon
Does the challenge of being healthy sometimes seem so difficult that you don't know where to start?
This year I set out to eat more fruits, more varieties. My consumption of vegetables has always been good but I sinned monotonously in relation to fruits, always the same. Even for us nutritionists, it is challenging to maintain a 100% balanced diet every day, so we need to be vigilant!
Many people focus on radical changes, cutting out many food groups, but most of the time they forget the basics. Unfortunately diets made without guidance and not personalized are doomed to failure.
Here are some tips on how to do the basics:
• Avoid the "all or nothing" mentality, stop looking for perfection and make a relevant change each week;
• Reduce processed foods: you don't have to despair and throw all processed foods away, what you need is to reduce consumption gradually;
• Make sure you eat at least 5-7 servings of fruits and vegetables daily, but if it is not possible start with 1 serving, for those who do not eat any it is already a big step!
• Include at least 1x week new foods that you even eat but are not in the habit of, for example: vegetables, some vegan option;
• Be active - it can be a 30 minute walk at lunchtime or walk to the metro station;
• Adopt a good relaxation routine before bed, drop the screens and invest in reading, meditation;
For individual nutritional guidance, talk to a nutritionist! Both in my Clinic in Harley Street and with the online appointments the priority is the prescription of personalized diets with all support for you to reach your goals!
diet lowcarb keto fasting nutritionist london Harley Street weight loss fad diets nutrition